I have a PHP script that I run locally (on my Windows XP Machine) that accesses a MSSQL server using the mssql_connect() function. I used xampp to get PHP on my machine.
Today I finished getting this to work on my second computer. The first time I did this, I also ran into a million problem – but didn’t note any of them. So here I am rectifying my previous mistakes in the hope of not having to search for the same solution next time.
The error I was getting was:
mssql_connect(): unable to connect to server: ‘www.ashtonsanders.com’
(Domain changed for security purposes.)
I handled it by replacing ntwdblib.dll with this ntwdblib.dll.zip in these two folders:
(Note: algorytmy.pl was the final website that helped me handle my problem.)
This post was written by Ashton